|How to care for Global Knives |
|Washing - It is recommended that you wash your Global knives by hand using a mild dishwashing liquid and water. After washing, rinse with water and dry thoroughly with a towel. Global knives should NOT be put in the dishwasher. Doing so could damage the sharp edges should they come into contact with other objects in the dishwasher. In addition, exposure to extreme heat and powerful detergents found in dishwashers can be harmful to CROMOVA 18 high carbon stainless steel. |
- DO NOT use harsh detergents or cleansers containing chlorine bleach.
- DO NOT soak before cleaning. In particular, avoid soaking in harsh cleaning solutions and any solution containing bleach.
Storage - Global knives are very sharp and should be carefully stored to avoid accidents and kept out of the reach of small children. Global recommends the use of the Global knife blocks, magnetic wall racks, knife docks or knife rolls/cases. A variety of different solutions can be found by clicking on the Product Range button above.
| General use instructions - Global knives have edges that are razor sharp. To obtain such sharp edges Global knives are factory sharpened at an angle between 10 and 15 degrees. Sharpening at this angle results in a thinner edge, so some words of caution are necessary.|
- DO NOT attempt to cut through frozen foods or bones. If you should slice into something frozen or solid, remove carefully using a slicing (forward and backward) motion. DO NOT twist the knife side to side to remove it. Doing so will bend your edge and possibly chip it leaving a chunk of knife in the solid matter.
- DO NOT cut with a chopping (up and down) motion. This is not the proper way to cut and only dulls your knife. Cut with a slicing (forward and backward) motion.
- DO NOT use these knives for any purpose other than for what they were intended, that is, the preparation of food. Under no circumstances should they be used as a screwdriver, crowbar or wirecutter.
- DO NOT cut on a marble, stone, tile or glass surface.